Monday, January 24, 2011

What I'm Working On Now

I have been wanting to make a Valentine pouch ever since I saw them on John and Kate Plus 8.  Back then I didn't have any children of my own to make them for, so when my son was born in October I knew I needed to make him one.  I realize he will only be 3 months old on Valentine's Day this year so he won't be able to enjoy it but I still wanted to make one.  Here is what I have so far...


Ive seen these pouches made from a bunch of different materials like fun foam, fabric, etc.  I didn't have anything of those materials in my stash and I had no intentions of spending money, so I decided to go with what I did had on hand, felt.  My husband is big on things I make for Grant not being too feminine (which he says I have a tendency to do), so I did his in black with only touches of red and white, no pink.  I'm not finished with it yet.  I still have to applique the G and hearts on, right now they are just sticking on there by themselves, put straps on the back, and add velcro to the front flap.  I used a blanket stitch around the whole pouch and it has red felt on the inside.  I didn't really used any measurements or a pattern, I just started cutting and came up with this, I think its the perfect size.
When I'm completely finished I will post more pictures.  I wanted anyone who may see this to have another Valentine pouch to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews