Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Black Bean & Rotel Burritos

Today I made Black bean and rotel burritos for dinner.

 They are an easy meal to whip up in a hurry.  They are meatless so you save a little money (which is usually why I make them), and they are good.  Or at least my husband and son like them, I'm not a fan of beans.

Ok I hate beans, with a passion, their texture is disgusting to me but I like to be nice to my husband and make him bean filled dishes because he and my son love them.

I got the original recipe from the Fix it and Forget it cookbook but of course had to alter it a little.

1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can Rotel
1 can whole kernel corn
1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 green pepper chopped
1T olive oil
rice (cooked according to package directions)
tortilla shells

Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, and green pepper.  Cook for about 3 minutes.  Add black beans, Rotel, and corn.  Heat through. 
Once heated take a tortilla, put as much rice as you like, then add the black bean/Rotel mixture.  Wrap it all up and enjoy. 
This recipe (without the rice and tortillas) freezes really well too.  I almost always have too many leftovers so I always freeze 1 or 2 meals worth for future use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews