Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Graduation Gift

My sister is graduating from high school this May, yes I still can't believe it's true.  I still remember the day she was born. Haha.  Now I sound like my grandmother.  Anyways I was trying to rack my brain to come up with a cute gift.  She is going to the community college in the fall so dorm stuff wouldn't work.  I new I would give her some money so she could put that towards books or a laptop but I wanted to give her something cute as well. 

I finally came up with the idea of a Late Night Study Session gift basket.  In it:  Starbucks Frappacino drinks,  to-go coffee mug, mocha instant mix (she has no clue how to make coffee so it needs to be instant haha), Mountain Dew, chips, her favorite candies-Dove chocolates and Sweet Tarts, some study tools like highlighters, pens, permanent markers, and possibly a day planner.  The only other thing I could think of that reminded me of studying late at night was pizza, however I couldn't think of a way to incorporate that into the basket except for a gift card and I wasn't crazy about that idea.

We are on a budget of course, so I had to start thinking of ideas early so I could start looking for clearence items and coupons.  I have already purchased the Frappacinos for $3.99 for a 4-pack, highlighters for $0.58, permanent markers for $0.68, and 5-pack of pens for $2.88.



My mom and I started talking about the graduation party, I agreed to make some poms (courtesy of Martha Stewart), a banner (thanks to my Cricut),  the cake, and centerpieces.  Did I get in over my head?  I just love planning parties and get together's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews