Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Idea

I am in love with the idea of a homemade christmas and one of these years i'm actually gonna do it.  every year i have these great intentions of making all these amazing gifts and start planning in the summer and sadly only one or two of my projects actually get done.  I always have this fear that all my  hard work will be wasted on someone who doesn't appreciate the love and thoughtfullness that is put into a homemade gift, and the last thing i want is my gift thrown in the trash or stashed in the closet.  So i have never followed through with the homemade christmas i dream of every year.  In trying to come up with creative and inexpensive gifts (we had to do a lot of this since i am on maternity leave and currently not getting a paycheck) i had an idea for our neice and nephews (they are between the ages of 7 and 10).  I thought of making a homemade stocking for each of them with their name or initial embroidered on it (always looking for an excuse to use my embroidery machine haha) and filled with little gifts and treasures that are a mix of store bought and homemade (crayon rolls, coloring books, etc).  actually this could be used for anyone not just kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews