Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dick and Jane Nursery

When i was trying to figure out what to do my son's nursery in i came across this dick and jane fabric by michael miller that i fell in love with.  I am drawn to anything retro especially from the 50's and 60's era so this was right up my ally.  I didn't know at the time if i was having a boy or girl and didn't want to wait until we found out because i knew i would be making everything myself.  So i ended up making the curtains, quilt, and bumper pads.

Close up of the curtain fabric

I had an old set of bumper pads someone had given me that i wasn't crazy about so i recovered them with the dick and jane fabric, worked like a charm.

I pieced the quilt together myself with jack dempsey quilt blocks i've had for years.  I don't think you can even find them any more they are so old.  I embroidered them all by hand, then used the dick and jane fabric for the strips between and backing.

A friend of mine did these wood letters as a baby shower gift, i love them hanging above his crib.

Another friend made me this diaper bag, she is super talented and i love her to pieces lol.  It says Retro baby on the front. and has and embroidered G on the opposite side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews