Monday, May 2, 2011

Toy Story Birthday

Yes I know I posted not too long ago that I wanted to have a Curious George themed 1st birthday for Grant.  I still love Curious George and think it would be an adorable 1st birthday however, Grant loves Toy Story.  You may be saying to yourself, how can a 6 month old love a certain movie?  I would have been asking myself that if someone had told me the same thing about their child, but I'm telling you it's true.

We were at my mom's last week in Ohio and were leaving Grant with her husband while we went grocery shopping.  It was getting close to his bedtime so he was getting cranky, really cranky.  Wouldn't stop screaming, wouldn't take a juice bottle, wouldn't calm down, so what did we do you ask?  We put in Toy Story 2, and guess what?  He stopped crying.  Didn't utter another peep and fell asleep watching it. 

He has been watching Toy Story since he was about 3 months.  I happened to put it in one day while I was doing dishes and Grant was laying on his play mat, when I came around the corner he was watching the movie and making his happy noises.  I thought it was probably just a fluke but I started putting either Toy Story 1 or 3 in while I ate breakfast so he wouldn't cry and want me to hold him and what do you know he watched it for at least 20 minutes every day. 

So I got to thinking maybe it was a little selfish of me to do a birthday of Curious George when he so obviously loves Buzz and Woody.  Needless to say I will be doing Grant's 1st birthday with a Toy Story theme, and that's ok with me.  I've already started doing my party planning research and have a million ideas but those are for another day, this post is long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews