Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Homemade Makeup Remover

I saw the recipe for makeup remover on my cousin-in-law's blog TheParsleyLife, and my love of homemade "stuff" took over, I HAD to make some. 

I'm horrible at washing my face before bed, it's a bad habit and I vowed to break it after making this remover.  It's so simple and chances are you have all the ingredients.  I bought my travel bottles at the Dollar Tree.  The package contained 2 shampoo bottles and 1 hairspray bottle.  I already priced the ones at Walmart and if I'm not mistaken they are about $0.97 each and come in bright colors.  I halved the original recipe so I wouldn't have any extra and it filled up both my travel shampoo bottles.

Here's what you need:


1/2c water
1T baby shampoo
a squirt of baby oil (I don't find there's a real need to be precise here, more or less won't hurt anything)
I have kept my promise to remove my makeup every night since making it and I have to say it works so much better than other stuff I've tried, and BONUS, it was a whole lot cheaper!

I've already had visions of making cute little labels for the front of the bottles and including them in gift baskets/bags for upcoming events and holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews