Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Little Absent These Days

I have to admit things around this little blog of mine have been lacking.  The reason for that being the extreme nausea that accompanies growing a little one.  Instead of sewing and crafting I have taken the extra time at night to go to bed early, and I have not one desire to get up any earlier than Grant makes me.  When I was pregnant with Grant I rarely took naps and refused to go to bed early after the exhaustion of the first trimester wore off.  I kicked myself after he was born and never slept, and therefore I never got sleep.  I swore in future pregnancies I would not do this to myself.  I would rest and relax a little more.  I worked up until the day before Grant was born and didn't even rest after he was here.  Instead I did laundry, dishes, cleaning, and cooking in between the diaper changes, feedings, etc.  Stupid, stupid me, thinking that's what a good mom and wife does.  She keeps going and gets everything done before Husband gets home, regardless of the fact that she just gave birth to a human being.

I like to think I've learned a thing or two since my first little one came into this world and I have no desire to wear myself ragged with housework while recovering from giving birth and taking care of 2 kids.  I haven't even taken the time to menu plan because the nausea makes it difficult to know what's going to sound good and not make me want to vomit while cooking it.  I instead just make sure I have all the basic ingredients and I figure it out on the fly.  It's been a lot of hot dogs (surprisingly they always sound good to me), waffles, pancakes, pasta, and other various easy meals. I'm sure my husband is missing meals like baked barbeque burgers, orange chicken, and meatloaf, but lets face it those take about an hour each to fully prepare and cook and that's more energy than I have to give to a meal right now, not to mention I have no desire to smell any of those meals cooking for a solid hour, ugh.

I'm looking forward to this stage passing and getting things back to normal around here.  Maybe I'll have more energy for some of the sewing projects I've had on my to-do list for quite awhile.  So maybe I'll actually have something fantastic to post on here in the coming weeks.  Until then things will be scattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews