Sophie and Grant love playing together and see each other every weekend. I knew I wanted to make them both superhero capes this year and finished Grant's about a month ago. I'm thrilled with how both of them turned out, especially since I didn't have a pattern to go by.
I made this cape using the same pattern I created with Grant's. I made it using one of his large bibs and newspaper. I traced the neck part of the bib and created an A shape.
For the "S" I printed the letter from a Word document in the size I needed, traced it onto the fabric, cut it out, backed it with head and bond and stitched it to the triangle shape.
I think I mentioned this when I posted about my son's cape but here's a note, make sure you clip the corners and all the curves to make the fabric not bunch up around the neck when you turn it right side out. I learned this the hard way the first go round.
I'm so excited to see them running through the house Christmas morning with these capes.