I didn't have any black fabric and rather than go buy some I decided to be really thrifty and use one of the old t-shirts we had in our give away pile. I used the Mickey head image from my Cricut to make the head. I backed it with heat and bond and stitched it with my sewing machine. I printed the 2 in Mickey font then traced it with the water soluble pen and cut it out of red fabric I already had in my stash. I backed it with heat and bond, ironed it on, and hand stitched it to the shirt.
I had intended for the shirt to be a lot more detailed and a lot more colorful but time constraints (since I actually forgot about finishing the shirt until the day before the party) forced me to make it a little more simple. However I'm really happy with the simplicity of it. Grant kept trying to look at the back of his shirt to see Mickey while it was on him, too cute!