Monday, October 15, 2012

Apple Spice Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

When I decided to take a trip to my cousin's (she lives over an hour away) I knew I had to take her some cupcakes.  She's never had any of mine and I've been dying to have her try them.  I knew I was going to make a fall flavor because I've been wanting to try some out for about a month now.  I decided on Apple Spice cake with caramel cream cheese frosting.  I used the caramel apple cupcake recipe and the caramel sauce recipe from the book Cupcake Diaries, by the girls of DC Cupcakes on TLC. 

I changed the recipe to a spice cake by adding 2t cinnamon, 1t allspice, and 1t nutmeg and otherwise baked them the same as the recipe in the book states.

I topped them with caramel cream cheese frosting (cream cheese frosting recipe with 1/4c caramel sauce added), caramel drizzle and chopped pecans. 

 
They were super YUMMY, I think this flavor is my favorite to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews