Friday, October 12, 2012

White Chicken Chili Chowder

My cousin gave me a version of this recipe (of course I had to change it a little as usual) a few years ago.  Her mother-in-law made it every year for her annual Halloween movie night.  Since it is about that time again and with cooler weather I want soups and stews more and more I thought I'd share this recipe.

White Chicken Chili Chowder

2 chicken breast cooked and chunked
1 can Rotel
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2c chicken broth
1 can great northern beans
1 can white corn
1lb velveeta
1 onion chopped
2T olive oil
2T butter

saute chicken and onion in olive oil and butter until onion is tender.  Add all other ingredients to pot and simmer until cheese melts and soup is heated through.

Here is a little forwarning if you're going to make this soup, it looks kinda grosse when you make it.  Everyone I have every made it for thought it looked grosse and hesitated to eat it, they also all thought it was going to be regular chili with chicken instead of beef.  It looks nothing like regular chili nor does it taste anything like it.  So if you make this chili chowder and think by the looks of it you may not want to try it, trust me when I say it is Oh so good and you will want seconds and thirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews