Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Winter Hat

I came across this tutorial on making a kids hat from an adult sweater last year when I first started getting into repurposing but unfortunately I didn't have an old sweater to use.  Recently my husband was forced (due to the fact our closet rod came crashing down) to go through the closet and rid his side of everything he didn't wear or want.  He had 1 heavy sweater in the mix and as soon as I saw it I knew it would be used for Grant's winter hat.

I used the tutorial mentioned above to get the general idea exccept I didn't put a bill on it, mainly because I didn't want to take the time to do it (I know...I'm lazy:)).

 
My husband actually had the idea to put the Tennessee "T" on the front.  I cut it off one of the other shirts he was getting rid of and stitched it right on.  I love how it turned out and I have to admit Grant looks pretty darn cute wearing it.  We went to the county fair over the weekend and he wore this hat and the scarf I made him.  Needless to say I was pretty proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews