Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Baby Waiting Game

As most pregnant women know, once you get close to the end your just waiting.  Waiting for that 1st contraction to tell you "it's time".  To know you're are finally going to meet your little one.


I feel like I've been waiting forever.


The end seems so close yet so far away, and there are days I'm convinced I will remain pregnant forever.


Grant was a day late and I remember sitting on my couch the evening of my due date, looking at my husband and saying "I was supposed to have my baby today", "this was my guaranteed day I would be holding my little boy and I'm not".  Little did I know he didn't want to be told by anyone when he should make his debut and he would come the next morning.


With Grant I woke up at 1:54am with contractions, so every night when I go to sleep I think, maybe tonight will be the night and I'll wake up with contractions and we can get this show on the road.  Every night I wake up numerous times in pain but not due to contractions just due to the large belly in front of me. 


Every Braxton Hicks contraction I get I silently hope it gets more painful and is a real contraction.  Every time it fades away I tell my body it has practiced contractions enough (I've been having Braxton Hicks since about 34 weeks) and it's time to start getting the real ones going.


I guess this little one is quite comfortable in there, even though I'm really uncomfortable out here.


A friend of mine said to me the other day, "isn't it amazing, pregnancy makes us so uncomfortable we end up begging for the hardest and most painful work of our lives".  I had never thought of it this way but it's so true.  We get so exhausted, deal with so many aches and pains, that by the end of our 9  months we are begging for this tiny being to come out.  Begging for those contractions to start, for the hours upon hours of labor and delivery.


Oh the things we women go through for our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews