Monday, January 21, 2013

Sleep...Oh Sweet Sleep!

I have to shout this to the roof tops and I'm actually a little scared to do so for fear that it will end but I'm about to burst........

My little guy is sleeping through the night (ok, well technically til about 5:20 am but hey beggers can't be chooser's right?), in his own bed!!!!!!!!!!

Is that not the most wonderful news?

Almost like Christmas morning.

Probably not for you but it sure as heck is for me.  If you have read any of the random posts about Grant you know he has had horrible sleeping habits since he was 2 weeks old.  His napping through the day at 2 weeks was about 30 minutes to an hour 2-3 times a day and it took me the better part of an hour to get him to sleep in the first place. People have tried telling me it's all because I spoiled him or whatever, but seriously how much spoiling can you do in a week post birth?  So I whole heartedly disagree and chalk it up to Grant just trying his best to defy me where it hurts the most.....my sleep.

In his first year of life we moved about 3 times and each time there was an adjustment period and I would finally get him sleeping in his bed through the night and then go figure we would move again starting the draining process all over again.  I'm a sucker when it comes to my sleep. 

I like it.....I like it alot.

Most nights I would have no memory whatsoever of him crying and me getting him out of his bed and putting him in ours.

That's really bad isn't it.  Kind of like sleep walking, which creeps me out.

So I guess since I finally got him in his bed sleeping through the night we are due to move again.

Crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews