Monday, April 22, 2013

Jello Playdough

I've noticed Grant acting out a little more recently and have come to the conclusion he is getting pretty bored with his toys and needs a little something more.  So I started looking online for different learning ideas and activities for toddlers when I came across Jello Playdough. 

I know what you must be thinking.... playdough....toddler...duh!  But I honestly had not thought about him playing with playdough at his age, thinking he would for sure try to eat it, and wouldn't really know how to play with it.  Of course as Grant has done on many occasions since his birth, he proved me wrong. 



I used this recipe and even let him help stir.  I halved the recipe because I only had a 3 oz package of Jello, and it was more than enough for 1 little boy.  I raided my Mom's cookie cutter supply and gave him a smooth butter knife and he was thoroughly entertained for a good half hour.

We only had one incident of trying to eat the playdough, which I think he realized quite quickly it was disgusting tasting, and no real big mess to clean up, so now we have a new activity and I'm super excited.

I guess it doesn't take much to get this mama excited these days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews