Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Tastiest Granola Bars EVER!

I have been on the hunt for an amazing granola bar recipe for a couple years now.  I've tried a few and they have either fallen apart, lacked flavor, required a dozen ingredients I don't have in my pantry, or have been rock hard after baking.   I thought I would never find the perfect recipe but I am here to tell ya I have!Many recipes I've found require you to bake the dry ingredients and/or simmer the wet ingredients but not this one.  You just throw it all in a bowl and mix.  Did I mention that's my favorite way to bake?

Here is the original recipe I found on another blog.  I'm so excited she decided to share her yummy recipe, some people are very protective over them, and I've tried 2 different ways making them and haven't failed yet.

Since you can go to her site for the base recipe I won't bother reposting it but I will share the additions and substitutions I used.

For the first attempt I used mini chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.  My step dad (who has a huge sweet tooth) and my son loved these.  All the chocolate sent Grant on a sugar high haha. 

The 2nd attempt I decided to go a little healthier and used 3/4c sliced almonds, 3/4c dried blueberries, and 1/4t cinnamon.  I also used white flour instead of wheat (stupid me forgot to add it to the grocery list).  And can I tell you I couldn't stop eating these.  Not only did my kitchen smell divine with cinnamon but they were so tasty I ate them till I thought I would explode. 



I love how simple the recipe is and it's healthy so I have no guilt letting my little guy eat as much as he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews