Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mint Chocolate Cookies

My husband was out of town for work and for whatever reason I had a serious need to bake something, specifically chocolate chip cookies.  Unfortunately I didn't have any chocolate chips the only kind of chips I had were dark chocolate with mint.  I found them about a month ago, they are nestle brand.  I wish I would have bought 5 bags because they were $1 with a 50 cent coupon attached, score!

Originally I was going to use a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe and just swap the chips out but then I remembered my white chip chocolate recipe and immediately thought it would be perfect, a chocolate cookie with chocolate and mint chips, delish!

Here is the recipe I used:

Mint Chocolate Cookies

2 1/4 c flour
2/3c cocoa
1tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1c butter
3/4c sugar
2/3c packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2c dark chocolate and mint chips

Bake at 350.  Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in bowl.  Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in chips.  Drop on baking sheets.  Bake 9-11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews