Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mickey Mouse Birthday Beginnings

I have been working on Grant's birthday decorations.  This year we are having a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme, both Grant and my neice love the Hot Dog dance.  My mom happened to find the Mickey and Friends Cricut cartridge last year for $13 on clearance so I'm using it for the decorations.
Here are the characters I've finished so far:

I also have Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy but I am lacking 1 color of cardstock to finish them.  As of now these character cut outs will be used to decorate for the bean bag toss.  Can we take a moment and say how much I love my Cricut.  It makes creating birthday decor so much easier and cuter than I could create by myself.

I used the Calligraphy cartidge to make the penants for his banner.  I made mine 7 inches.  The letters are from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and they are each 2 inches.  I have striped fabric that has all the primary colors I'm going to back each of the penants with but I haven't gotten them sewed yet.


His invitations are simple yet I think they are so darn cute! I looked all over the internet for invite ideas and saw some really cute ones I was going to copy, then decided to do something of my own. 

I'm going to use the invitation above and make an invite wrap to jazz it up a bit.  I bought a yard of striped fabric that incorporates all the colors I'm using for the party.  It will be used in the banner but I'm also going to create a wrap about 2 inches wide to go around the center of the invite (big enough to cover mickey, small enough you will be able to read the first 2 lines).  On top of this I want to layer a red smaller cardstock wrap with a black mickey head in the center with a 2 on top of that.  Does any of that make sense?  I'm super excited to get these decorations started and hope my steam doesn't run out before everything is finished.

What else is on my birthday to-do list?  Water bottle labels, bowling and bean bag toss games, lollipop tree, favor bags, cupcake stands, birthday shirt, and centerpieces.  My list isn't very long this year.  After the late nights I had preparing for Grant's Toy Story birthday last year I learned alot about time management, along with how to make things easier on myself.

Stay tuned over the next 2 months for more Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday tid bits.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews