Friday, September 7, 2012

Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes

I watched an episode of Money Saving Meals on Food Network and Sandra Lee had a recipe for peanut butter and jelly pancakes.  To me, pb&j pancakes sounded a little gross but I knew my son and neice would love them.  I didn't follow her recipe as far as measurements so here's how I made mine:

1c pancake mix
3/4c milk
1/4c creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1c grape jelly
1/2T cornstarch
1/2T water

Put grape jelly in small sauce pot and heat over medium heat til thin.  In another small sauce pot heat milk over medium heat, once it is warm add the peanut butter and stir till combined.

In a bowl mix pancake mix, egg, and milk/peanut butter mixture with a wisk till thoroughly combined and make pancakes on griddle or stove.

mix cornstarch and water together.  Once jelly is thinned out add your cornstarch mixture stirring the entire time while adding it and let it simmer til thick.  Once thick take off the heat and let cool a little.  If syrup is too thin add enough water to get to the consistency you like.

My little guy gobbled these up and even I thought they were pretty tasty.  I put my leftover syrup in a glass container in the fridge and froze the leftover pancakes for a quick and easy morning breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews