Saturday, February 9, 2013

16th Birthday and a Customer

My entire Saturday morning was spent creating these:

 
Ok Technically I spent all morning making these and trying to keep Grant's little hands off the counters.  He's a little theif when I'm not looking.
 
I had a request from a family friend to make cupcakes for her daughter's 16th birthday.  I could not have been more excited (and a little nervous) to have a "customer".  I love making cupcakes.  I love the way they smell when you take them out of the oven and look how darn cute they are.  They make people smile, which makes me smile.  I am normally a from scratch baker of cupcakes (probably because I watch too much cake boss) but can I say how much I truely value cake mixes.  The mother and daughter requested vanilla and red velvet (no pictures, oops) made from cake mixes.  At first I was a little disappointed because when a cake mix cupcake tastes great I don't get the same satisfaction as when a scratch cupcake tastes great, as if all the flavor was created by me. 
However this order was for 100 cupcakes.
 
That's right 100!  Which may be a drop in the bucket for seasoned bakers but not for me.  I'm used to making no more than 40.  So the cake mixes were a godsend.  Less thought, less room for error, and almost fool proof.  I think they turned out adorable and the guest of honor said they looked "perfect".  Is there anything better to hear when you put a lot of work into creating something for someone.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews