Monday, February 25, 2013

Baby Adelyn Gift

I've gotten a little bored with my normal baby gifts. 

Ok I admit I've been having a huge brain fart and been in a baby gift making rut.

I usually make changing pads, wipes cases, burp cloths, and binky clips.  I have made these items for at least 4 people in the last year and I was racking my brain for something different.  The only problem is I always get really great responses with these gifts and it's nothing they will receive an over abundance of which is always nice but I'm not getting the same excitement at making them as I used to.  Now it's more of a chore, so it's time to change things up.

Before my son was born a friend of mine offered to help me make anything else I needed before Grant came (she is a fellow crafter who knew how long my to-make list was and how little time I had left before the big day).  I directed her to this tutorial for a car seat carrier cover.  She made it for me and I absolutely loved it.  It was so great when we were going in and out of stores.  If there is one thing that drives me nuts it's people touching my brand new baby with their germy hands.  After all it was flu season when Grant started going out on the town and I was a regular 'ol germ-o-phob. 

I saw this post on Small Fry and Co and it reminded me of the cover I had and I knew immediately I wanted to make one for my cousin's wife, whose baby shower is the end of March.  I'm hoping she will find it as useful as I did.

 
I love this fabric.  Normally I always end up buying flannel and I saw this too cute elephant fabric and had to snatch it up.
 
 
Hopefully baby Adelyn will love it too!
 
This project
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews