Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dr Seuss Water Bottle Labels

I love water bottle labels, I think they are such a cute and inexpensive way to add a personal touch to any party or shower.  So I knew when I volunteered to do my cousin's shower I would have to make some labels, and here they are:


I knew I wanted to incorporate the boys' names, as well as Thing1 and 2 images.  I played  around with a couple different ideas and this is the one I thought would work the best.  I had a font called Grinched downloaded just for this shower so I used it to type the boys' names into a word document with enough space in between to fit the Thing1&2 image (this was just a guess and it just so happened I got it right on the first try). Then printed it on white cardstock and cut it into thin strips. I copied and pasted 2 different Thing images into a word document and shrunk them to 1 inch.

To get the size of the label correct I took a label off one of the water bottles I'm going to use and made a template out of plain white cardstock.  I bought my red/white polka dot paper at Michaels (it was so hard to find this paper, Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's didn't have anything,ugh).  I was able to get about 4-5 labels from one sheet of 12x12 paper.

I used my Cricut (my favorite toy!) to cut the Thing images into a circle and the flower shape I layered behind it in blue.  Using some clear glue I glued the image to the blue flower, then glued the name strip to the red dot scrapbook paper wrap, then glued the Thing/flower image to the wrap. 

In the picture above the labels are not covered with anything to make them waterproof, and to be honest I don't know if there is a way to make them completely waterproof.  I used packaging tape for my sister's graduation bottle labels and they were still bleeding through by the end of the party. This time I'm gonna try contact paper and see how it turns out.

I'm so thrilled with how cute these came together, and so relieved they are finally finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews