Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thing1 and Thing 2 Baby Shower Invites

I'm finally starting to get things checked off my To-Do list for the twin baby shower I'm throwing for my cousin.  I finished the invitations last night.  I wanted to keep them simple but still give everyone an idea of the theme.  No one in my family do baby showers with a theme other than the typical baby blue or pink with the Walmart decorations, and there is nothing wrong with that, but I have been dying to throw a shower like this.  I want it to be a complete surprise to my cousin and therefore have refused to send her an invitation or give her any details other than the day and time. 

(one day I will have a fabulous camera that takes to die for great pictures, until then your stuck with these, haha)

I originally had planned on putting Thing 1 and Thing 2 on the invite itself but couldn't figure out how to get it on there and still make it look the way I wanted so I decided to make a seal for the outside of the envelope.
I couldn't find the cardstock or scrapbook paper I wanted at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's so I bought patterned digital paper on Etsy that was perfect!  I used it and my wonderful new Cricut Expression to cut them out.


I glued them together then glued them to the back of the envelope and viola, finished.



I mailed them all out this morning and can't wait for everyone to receive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews