Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Carrot Pumpkin Muffins

I recently read through the cookbook, Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld, and it opened my eyes up to the idea of adding veggie purees to different foods and I'm obsessed with it now.  The key to adding them is to add enough so the nutritional value is there but not enough so your little ones know it's there.  I have been experimenting with different recipes and have had success so far, even fooling my husband a few times (sorry honey!).

My latest experiment was with pumpkin muffins.  I love love love me some pumpkin.  I love that it smells like fall while I bake and everything you cook with it is always super moist and yummy.  I found this recipe on a freezer cooking website a few years ago.  So no fear of making a batch and 1/2 of them going to waste because you can freeze as many as you want and take them out the morning you want them, nook em in the microwave, and be on your way.

Carrot Pumpkin Muffins
1 1/2c flour
2 eggs beaten
1c sugar
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1/2t cloves
1/4t allspice
1t baking soda
1/2c butter melted
1t cinnamon
1/4t salt
1/2c carrots finely shredded

mix dry ingredients and set aside.  Beat eggs.  Stir pumpkin, melted butter, and carrots.  Slowly add dry ingredients. Spoon into muffin tins.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

You can't taste the carrots and if you grate them finely you can't even really see them unless you actually look for them.  Knowing there is nutritional value to these makes me feel a little less guilty for letting Grant eat 3 of them in one sitting (where does he fit it all in that little belly?).

Bake and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews