Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mini Chicken Pot Pies

 I made mini chicken pot pies for my son and niece for lunch today and they were so cute!

Mini Chicken Pot Pies
1 can jumbo refrigerated biscuits
1c cooked shredded chicken
1/2 can cream of chicken soup (you could use cream of mushroom, celery, or potato as well)
1/2 can mixed veggies ( I used corn, carrots, and green beans)
leftover mashed potatoes
about 1c shredded cheese
butter, shortening, or non stick spray to coat muffin pan

Pop open your can of biscuits.  Take each one and flatten them.  I greased each of my muffin tins with shortening then took each biscuit and pressed it into the bottom and up the sides of the tins.  The biscuits I used were not jumbo but I recommend buying the jumbo size so the biscuits will reach completely to the top of your tin.


Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 6-8 minutes and they will come out looking something like this:


Mine were puffed up a little too much so I used the back of a spoon and made a well for my filling.

In a bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, veggies, and shredded chicken, mix.

Put about a spoonful of the filling in each biscuit.


Top with mashed potatoes and spread to cover all of your filling.


Top with some shredded cheese.

And pop in the oven for another 6-8 minutes.

Ugh lookin at these pictures makes my eyes hurt.  I apologize for the fact that these go from dark to way too bright.  I had horrible lighting and 2 little ones running around the kitchen.

Anyways..

They were yummy and both the kids loved them.  These are a great way of using leftovers which is my favorite thing about this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews