Thursday, June 28, 2012

Craft Hope

I found Craft Hope about 2 years ago.  I even own the book.  For those of you who have never heard of Craft Hope they are an amazing organization who ask crafters all over the world to hand make items for those in need for a different charity every few months.  Please check out their Facebook page.  I am a little ashamed to say I have yet to participate in one of their projects.  I have no good excuses.  The main reason is I question how nice the things I make are.  I think a lot of crafters are the same way when you are giving something away as a gift you want it to be flawless.  Let's be honest here, nothing I make is flawless.  Even those items I have made seemingly a hundred times, I still screw something up on them.  The procrastinator in me doesn't help either. 
I randomly checked their facebook page (have I mentioned how much I really am not a fan of facebook and it pains me to have to go to a facebook page to find information) because their usual web page is under construction.  I found their latest project deadline is the end of June and it's Aprons for Haiti.  Aprons are very easy to make and are a great way to use up your fabric stash so I'm super excited with the idea of putting my crafting to good use and participating in this amazing charity.  An added bonus is using up some fabric so I don't have to pack it to a new place in a few months.


I bought this fabric literally about 8 years ago for the retro kitchen I dreamed of having during my teenage years.  It has taken up home in my fabric stash since then with no real purpose.  I saw this as the perfect opportunity to use it up.  I made 2 aprons with pockets to send to Craft Hope.


Then for the first time, ever I think, I made something for myself.  I made an apron with no pockets.  I didn't really use measurements.  Each of them are different widths with a different length of ties.  I have used this tutorial in the past and it's really simple and easy to follow. 

I'm really anxious to see what the next project will be and I'm really gonna try to not procrastinate this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews