Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sloppy Dogs Recipe



I adore Rachel Ray and a few weeks back she remade the sloppy joe by using hot dogs and naming it Sloppy Dawgs.  Last week there was a great deal on hot dogs and I only ended up paying $0.22 per package.  Needless to say we now have 10 packages of hot dogs in the freezer and I'm in desperate need of new ways to eat them other than slappin them in a bun.  When I saw the sloppy dawgs recipe I was so excited and Sunday seemed the perfect night to try it out.

I, of course, didn't have all the ingredients it called for so I had to improvise a little.  Here is the recipe how I made it.

1lb hot dogs
8oz tomato sauce
2t cornstarch
1T worcestershire sauce
1T white vinegar
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper
1 onion diced
1T olive oil

Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.  Chop hot dogs into quarters and put in pan cooking til golden brown.  Add onions, red and yellow peppers and cook til tender.  Add cornstarch and stir to combine, put lid on pan and let cook for about 1 minute to thicken.  In a small bowl mix tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce and vinegar.  Add to hot dog mixture, place lid back on pan and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
On a plate open a hot dog bun and spoon your sloppy dogs on top.  Top with mustard and relish if you wish and eat with a fork.  These are so yummy, you will be so excited to have a new way to eat your hot dogs this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews