Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Relay for Life Basket Raffle

My mom and I are walking in the Relay for Life here in our town and I'm really excited.  My mom is the team captain and I guess being her daughter and helping coordinate everything I could call myself the co-captain.

Either way, at the Relay they do a basket raffle, where each team puts together a basket of a certain theme of their choosing and people at the Relay bid on them with their tickets.  We decided to do a baby basket and make most of the items.  Ok technically I made the items but my mom did lend me her fabric stash to raid :)

Here is what we put together:

2 fabric balls (1 boy and 1 girl) with jingle bells inside the pattern can be found here.

4 bibs (2 boy and 2 girl) made of flannel with terry cloth backing.  I simply used one of Grant's bibs as a pattern.

4 burb cloths (2 boy and 2 girl).  I used the tutorial here except I used quilt batting you can get at any craft store or walmart in between the layers.

1 unisex changing pad (I had great intentions to make 2 but after 3 days of sewing I gave up that idea).

2 binky clips (1 boy and 1 girl).

1 Bit of Whimsy Jean doll (can you see Grant's little fingers on the right going for the doll?).  I made a boy doll as well like the one made for Grant for Christmas but after ripping seams out 3 times and the fabric finally giving in, leaving a huge hole by the arm, I gave up on the boy doll.

We also put 2 bottles, 2 binkies, a rattle, baby wash and baby lotion inside.  I'm really glad we did this basket but also so so so glad I'm finished with all the items to fill it.











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews