Friday, June 29, 2012

Sophie's Naptime Blankie/Pillow

I was in a sewing frenzy the other day trying to finish multiple aprons when my mom made the comment that Sophie really needed something to help her go to sleep for naps.  She doesn't have a favorite toy or anything she is really attached to and she is bounced around between a few different houses.  My mom wanted her to have a comfort item and suggested a pillow and blanket.  Of course my craft brain immediately started mentally going through my fabric stash to see what I could make.  I remembered I bought some girly flowered flannel last year during Joann's after Thanksgiving sale.  Once again I was not only excited with an easy cute project but also excited to use up some of my fabric.


I didn't use any measurements, just laid out the fabric and cut a rectangle that looked sufficient for the pillow and then another or the blanket.  I used regular flannel and just turned the edges of the blanket under and straight stitched around all four sides.  As you can tell by the picture above my little man couldn't leave them alone.  He was taking them from Sophie all day long, even when I brought out his own pillow and blanket.
Sophie also loves her new naptime buddies.  As soon as my mom tells her it's time to go night night she is looking for her pillow and blanket.  It's funny how something so simple can make a child so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews