Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby Changing Pad

I finally finished the changing pad I have been wanting to make for my stepbrother's baby.  I made 2 of these for myself before Grant was born and I absolutely love them.  They have come in handy many times.  I don't like the changing tables in public restrooms because I know some people are not as germaphobic as me.  Funny how I was not like that before he was born.  Anyway, I've also used mine when changing him in the backseat of the car and at other people's houses.  I didn't come up with this idea myself.  I saw it on a blog called Livin' Life Patino Style.  It's super simple.  All you need is some fabric and a hand towel (I used a bathroom hand towel for mine but any kind would work). 

First lay your hand towel on the wrong side of your fabric and pin it in place.  Cut leaving about 1 inch extra all around the towel, this is so you can fold it over twice and stitch around.

Sorry I didn't get any pictures during the process of making this one.  I had approximately 10 minutes to start and finish it before little man woke up from a nap, so no time for step by step pictures.  Hopefully you will be able to tell from the finished product how to do it.

Here is how the fabric should look when it's folded and stitched around the edges.


Here is the finished product.  For this changing pad I used some leftover terry cloth fabric I had on hand and used a hand towel to measure it for sizing.


1 comment:

  1. What FANTASTIC, simple way to made this!
    THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews