Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberries


This post is a little belated but hey, better late than never.  Every year for Valentine's Day I make my husband chocolate covered strawberries.  The first year I made them I didn't have a clue and messed up most of my batch, so I thought I would post how I make them in case there is someone else who doesn't have a clue about dipping fruit in chocolate haha.

Supplies I used:

Strawberries-rinse and pat dried
Vanilla Almond Bark
Gulf Wax
foil

I shred some of the gulf wax  with a vegetable peeler before I get started so it's ready.  Break off a few squares of the almond bark and melt it in a small saucepan on low heat.  Once it's melted add the gulf wax, this will prevent the chocolate from getting clumpy and make it shiny once the strawberries are dipped and dried.  When the gulf wax is stirred in you're ready to start dipping the strawberries.  Place them on the foil to harden, and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews