I made my own hospital gown using this pattern. I've had this on my to-do list since early fall. Of course I had planned on making it way back then but fall is too busy a time to add projects I can technically put off until after the New Year. So I procrastinated like I always do, but this past weekend I finally made it in to Hobby Lobby in the hopes of them having the perfect fabric on clearance.
They didn't have the fabric I envisioned but I really like what I found. I'm normally more of a blue kinda girl and that's what I wanted but I found this chocolate brown with teal polka dots for $3 a yard and thought it would probably work better. I thought the dark color would be good considering it could possibly get a little messy, the brown will hide some of that if necessary. I ended up buying 3 yards in case I needed to add length to the gown. I also bought 2 packages of double fold bias tape and 1 spool (3yds) of 1 inch ribbon. Of course I used coupons for the bias tape and ribbon and the total for my gown ended up being $13 and some change. Not bad considering the ones online are $40 or more.
Here it is without the ribbon tie.
Here is the backside of the gown. I still need to trim the ribbon a little but other than that, it's ready to go in my hospital bag!