Monday, February 10, 2014

Ham and Bell Pepper Stromboli

I love Stromboli.  Its easy to make and you can use pretty  much whatever you have in your fridge.  It's great to use up some leftovers.  I'm not even sure where I originally saw Stromboli that gave me the idea to make it.  It wasn't ever a meal my mom or grandmothers cooked but it's definitely one I've made a bunch of different ways and I love when it's on the menu because I know my job of cooking will be easy.


I don't do measurements because I'm really just trying to fill the crust as full as possible.  Here's a list of what I used for the ham and bell pepper Stromboli:


cooked ham (I used leftovers from the ham I baked yesterday)-diced
red, green, and yellow bell peppers- diced (use whatever peppers you have)
1/2 a large onion-diced
shredded cheddar cheese
1 pizza crust
Italian seasoning
garlic salt
pepper
salt

spread your pizza crust out into a rectangle on your baking pan.

Throw some cheese down the center.  Don't skimp on the cheese, you can't have too much I promise


Put the chopped peppers & onions down the center on top of the cheese.


sprinkle some Italian seasoning, garlic salt, pepper, and regular salt on top of all that.

overlap and pinch the long sides of your rectangle of pizza crust to cover your filling.  Don't forget to pinch the ends closed as well.


Use a knife and make 2 slits about an inch long on either side of your pizza crust seam.


Put your Stromboli in the oven at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes, or until your dough is golden brown.


Now kick yourself and mentally say a few choice words when you realize you forgot to put the ham in your filling.  Take a knife and cut open your beautifully pinched together Stromboli dough and add in some diced ham.

Now try your best to piece that dough back together to cover the filling.  I ended up having to tear off some end pieces and do a little patch work.  Place back in the oven and bake for about 18 minutes.

Here it is sliced open, cheese oozing out, YUM!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews