Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pregnancy and the Waddle

Everyone told me, when I was pregnant with Grant, that I would know when I was getting close to the end because he would drop.  I asked these people how I would know when he dropped and their response was, it will feel like his head is sitting right between your legs.  I remember thinking on my due date that this little boy was never going to come out because he hadn't even dropped yet.  I never felt him in my pelvis, never felt like his head was sitting between my legs, never felt pressure from him being low in my pelvis.  Not until I was actually in labor which happened the day after my due date.  Because he never dropped, I never waddled.  I worked up until the day before he was born, 40 hours a week in a doctor's office seeing around 70 patients a day.  I walked from the parking lot to the office which I swear seemed like half a mile and up 2 flights of stairs.  I rarely took the elevator because in all honesty every day I was walking in (in my final pregnancy weeks) I was saying silent prayers that walking like this would cause my water to break so I wouldn't have to go in to work, haha.  Needless to say my water never broke until the doctor broke it for me at 7cm.


Fast forward to this pregnancy and I feel the waddle coming on.  There is no doubt in my mind this baby has dropped.  I feel it burrowing it's head into my pelvis like it's trying to find it's way out regardless of me being in labor or not.  Sometimes I'm walking and I feel like the baby suddenly dropped a couple inches more and that's when the waddle starts.  While I realize this is a good sign, it means the end is coming and I'll get to meet my little one soon, it's freakin uncomfortable and I don't like to waddle.  It makes me feel like I'm huge!  Of course, maybe I am and I'm just telling myself I'm not to make me feel better.


 My stomach has stretched so much that my belly button actually hurts when my pants rub against it.  Did you know that could happen?


Am I the only one who didn't?


I actually almost knocked Grant over the other day with my big belly, hahaha.  I'm actually laughing out loud while I type this because he gave me such a dirty look for invading his space.  I of course apologized after I stopped laughing but I seriously can't gage where my stomach is most of the time.  Maybe my whole body is in denial about how big it is, haha.


I keep reminding myself the end is getting closer every day, and while there is not one single part of me that's looking forward to the pain that is labor, I'm sooooo ready to hold my little one and find out if Grant has a brother or sister.


I'm counting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews