Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Nesting...

Nesting...


I've been told by various people one of the signs you will be going into labor soon is you start nesting.  You get the sudden urge to clean the house from top to bottom, organize everything, etc, etc.
Does this actually happen to people?


I have to say it would be nice if it did because my apartment could really use a once over.  As I sit and type this at 4:30 in the afternoon in my pj's and fuzzy robe, I have 2 sinks full of dirty dishes, a table covered in sewing projects, toys scattered across the living room floor, a load of clothes waiting to be folded in a laundry basket, another load of clothes in the dryer and 1 in the washer, and a kitchen bar with various bits of everything covering it. 


Do I have any desire to clean any of this?


Heck no!


What do I do instead?  Sit in my pj's and bathrobe, eat some strawberry cheesecake my husband begged me to make, and surf the internet with Chuck the Truck cartoon playing in the background for Grant.


I feel exhausted and a little lazy but does that motivate me?


Heck no!


I actually haven't had one moment of overwhelming desire to clean or organize.  this makes me feel like this baby is never going to come out. 


I have a to-do list half a mile long with things I need to do before the baby arrives.  What do those things include?  I know you're just dying to know.


1. have husband put tv stand together and empty armoire drawers of DVDs so I'll have a place for baby stuff downstairs
2. combine Grant's clothes into 3 drawers instead of the current 6 they occupy so this baby will have somewhere for it's clothes to go.
3. finish packing hospital bag
4. make postpartum padsicles
5. mop kitchen floor
6. vacuum...everywhere
7. stitch the newly found hole in Grant's brand new comforter we bought him for Christmas
8. get baby stuff out of storage.  Yes it's true we have nothing in this apartment for our new little one.  except some diapers and wipes.  No worries though right?  I've got plenty of time.
9. finish boy fleece baby hat
10. finish the 4 or 5 posts in my drafts that have been sitting half finished for over a week
11. finalize a grocery list for this weekend
12. change the sheets on Grant's bed
13. clean bathroom counter
14. make a batch of waffles for the freezer
15. make a batch of pancake mix for the pantry
16. make a double batch of syrup to have on hand for easy breakfasts
17. DIY some nursing cami's


That's the majority of my list.  Ok so it's not half a mile long but long enough that I should get my growing butt in gear and get some stuff marked off of it.


But actually reading this list makes me more tired and wanting another nap.  Yep I said another one, because I took a short nap with Grant today telling myself I don't have much time left to relax and nap and that I should be taking advantage of these final days, and I mistakenly thought it would give me some energy.


Did I feel refreshed and ready to tackle anything on my list after this nap?


Heck no!


What did I do after this nap?


Changed into my pj's, came downstairs, wrapped up in a fleece blanket and laid down on the couch to watch tv.


Do you know what I want to do now?


Cover up with my fleece blanket, lay down on the couch, and watch a show other than a cartoon.


Is that gonna happen with my 3 year old full of energy after his nap?


Heck no!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews