Friday, July 19, 2013

Pioneer Woman's Tomato Soup

I am in love with this tomato soup.  I will never eat a can of Campbell's again nor will I make any other kind from scratch, Pioneer Woman has ruined me for all other tomato soups.  I don't use the Sherry she calls for because I never have alcohol in our house and I don't see the point in going out and buying some for one recipe.  I promise you will not miss it if you choose not to use it.



I don't normally have fresh herbs on hand, as I'm sure most of you out there don't, so I have used dried parsley and dried basil and the flavor is still there.  I don't measure mine but I probably put in about 1T parsley and 1-2t basil.
I have made this many times with the diced tomato but I guess I'm too used to canned tomato soup that is smooth, no chewing involved, and I think I prefer it that way as does my husband.  So this time I put in a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes instead of the diced and I love it twice as much, if that's possible.
My mom made fun at me for cooking a hot tomato soup when it's nearly 100 degrees outside but this soup is THAT good!  It's all year round good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews