Monday, November 14, 2011

Chicken Casserole

You know those blogs that have the gorgeous pictures of food, just taking 1 look makes your mouth water and forces you to make a trip to the grocery store to make your very own masterpiece......

This is not that blog.

One day maybe I will have a camera that takes pictures that will make your mouth water, until then you are stuck with my good ol' cheapy Kodak.

Now on to the recipe for tonight.  I made a chicken casserole.  Yes, very simple, very cheap, and pretty quick too.

I'm sure everyone out there already knows how to make one of these.  It seems to be a staple for most moms, however I just last year discovered how to make this and am so loving it for something quick and thought I'd share how I make mine.

(I know, I took another picture after Grant and I ate a chunk out of it)

Here's the recipe:

2 chicken breasts-cooked and shredded (I boiled 2 split chicken breasts til they were cooked through then shredded them both).

1 box stuffing (use the cheapest you can find, no need for name brand, it will still taste good)

1 large can cream of chicken soup

Frozen peas (this is optional and most people do not put this in their chicken casserole but I find any way I can to hide veggies so Grant will actually eat them)

Put your shredded chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish or pyrex dish.  Pour the can of cream of chicken on top and as many peas (if you are adding them) as you like and mix it all together.  Cook your stuffing as directed on the box and put it on top of the soup/pea/chicken mixture.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Now eat it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews