Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One Of THOSE Days

You know when you wake up and the thought of going to work just makes you wanna throw the covers over your head, squeeze your eyes shut, and hope no one finds you.

I'm having one of those days.

As I'm sitting here I am desperately trying to rack my brain for some reason I "need" to call off and stay home.  I am sitting thinking of all the things I could get done if I just didn't have to go to work.  You know, the laundry that is piling up because I went to bed early last night, the dishes that have taken up permanent residence in my sink, and the bathroom that desperately needs some bleach taken to it.

If you know me, you know I can't just call off for no reason.  I am the one going to work barely able to speak from a sore throat because "I can still do my job, I just wont be able to speak to anyone".  I'm the one going to work after throwing up the night before because, "I'm not throwing up now, and I don't have a fever".  I'm the one going to work with severe diarrhea because, "I'll just take some Immodium, and the bathroom is only a few feet away".  I mean seriously, why am I like that?

Days like today I wish I was one of those people who woke up, said to themselves "I don't want to go to work today", and then called off without a second thought. 

I am not one of those people.

I have never had a job where it really didn't matter if I showed up because there were 20 other people there to do it.  I've always had the jobs where it is all up to me.  Of course with these places of employment I am the one thinking of everyone whose job I will be making more difficult by not showing up.  I am the one thinking of all the stuff I didn't get done the day before because "I can get it done tomorrow".  I am the one with the guilt because I wasn't actually "sick".

Why oh why can't I be one of THOSE people??????

I guess I have to go to work now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews