Thursday, November 3, 2011

Last week my school had a "wear pink" day in honor of Breast Cancer awareness month.  Since my mom and 2 of my aunts are breast cancer survivors I knew Grant was going to have to support the cause as well as myself.

Here is what the finish product was, minus the chocolate stains and the wrinkles.  Please excuse those as I was finishing this onesie up literally 2 minutes before I walked out the door for work and didn't even think to snap a picture.



I went in search of a pink t-shirt, and would you believe I couldn't find one! How crazy is that, just a plain pink shirt and no store had them that didn't have ruffles or capped sleeves and all girly. My next stop was the resale store where I found this:


It was as close as I could get to what I was looking for.  I used a seem ripper and took the ribbon off the sleeves, then cut the frilly stuff off the ends of the sleeves and hemmed them.

I used my cricut to make a stencil out of cardstock that said "boys wear pink", used some black paint to paint the words on the onesie (if I had planned on him ever wearing this shirt again I would have used fabric paint, however I knew this was a one time deal so Used acrylic).

I had leftover breast cancer fabric that had little pink ribbons on it, and since I accidentally made a black paint smudge in the upper left corner I decided to cut one of the ribbons out and cover my mess up.

I think everyone was suprised to see him going through the halls in bright pink but it was all for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews