Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Dress Up-Charlie Brown Costume

I had grand plans of a spectacular Halloween party full of games, movies, and of course all kinds of treats.  Needless to say, it didn't happen. 

After the baby shower at the end of September and 2 birthday parties for Grant, I was all partied out this year.  Maybe next year things wont be so busy.

The daycare Grant goes to had a little Halloween party and went trick or treating through the school classrooms.  Oh my they were so cute!  I had originally planned on making Grant a train conductor but spending $17 on the pair of bib overhauls I found at Target just didn't seem like the best idea right now.  My next thought as I was in Target wondering around their very tiny boys clothing section, was a skeleton made from a black sweatsuit.  I purchased the sweatsuit and white felt to make the bones and figured it was decided and I'd get it finished Saturday, well that didn't happen either.  I just wasn't feeling the costume and was not at all excited about it which meant I couldn't get the gumption to start the costume.  So as I was perusing the internet Saturday morning it came to me....Charlie Brown.  And it just so happens Grant looks a little like Charlie Brown, haha.

I found a yellow polo shirt at the Goodwill for $1.29 and black shorts on clearance at Walmart for $2.50.  I free handed the zig zag pattern onto notebook paper, then cut it out, pinned it to black felt, and cut.  I appliqued the felt onto the polo shirt but didn't use any heat n bond since I plan on removing the zig zag so he can wear the shirt to church.


Here is the little man on the run towards me.  I can't seem to get a decent picture anymore since he is on the go, all the time.


I think this was the easiest and most inexpensive costume idea I had, not to mention pretty darn cute!
I'm hoping next year there wont be so many parties around the same time so I will have more time to do his costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews