To make the monogrammed names I just printed the names in a simple font on regular printer paper, cut them out, traced them onto Heat & Bond, ironed the Heat & Bond to the fabric, cut the letters out individually, ironed them to the top blanket fabric, and stitched them with my sewing machine. Wow that's a really long explanation for something that was really really simple.
Normally when I make quilts or blankets I cut the back fabric about an inch larger than the top so I can fold it over the top fabric and stitch it in place. The problem was when I purchased the fleece for the back of both blankets I bought 2 yards leaving no room for extra fabric. So instead I laid both pieces (top and bottom) on top of each other, wrong sides together, then took the raw edges and folded them both in so they were even with each other, pinned in place, and ran it through my sewing machine. I think they were 2 of the easiest, and softest blankets I've made yet. Now I'm wanting to make Grant one, but I keep telling myself I have to wait until after the holidays.