Thursday, December 20, 2012

Salt and Pepper Shakers for a Play Kitchen

My step dad is making Grant a play kitchen (more on that later), and I've been going nuts making accessories to go with it.  First up is the salt and pepper shakers.  I saw them on Homemade by Jill forever ago and logged it in the crafty file in my brain.  When I decided a kitchen was the perfect gift for him this year I knew I had to have some s/p shakers.  They are super easy, just paint and glue and you're done and they make such a cute addition to a kitchen.

 
I found the wood spools at Hobby Lobby along with the dome tops.  I used acrylic paint and wood glue to adhere the pieces together.  I used a pencil to draw the S and P and then painted them in.  I also put some beads in the center and added a small wood disc shape (not shown) to the bottom so when Grant shakes them it will actually sound like a salt and pepper shaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews