Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Memory Lane Game Finished!

I finally finished the game pieces to go with the Christmas Memory Lane Game I'm giving to my mom for Christmas this year.

 
I made 3 girls and 1 boy representing my brother, sister, mom, and myself.  I didn't try anything fancy with these because I needed them to be finished quickly, but I still think they are pretty darn cute.
 
 
For the "treasure" pieces of the game I chose to do wood discs with gifts on them.  I used my Cricut and the Joys of the Season cartridge to cut the gifts out.  I used mod podge to adhere them to the wood discs.  The object of the game is to gain 4 treasures, or gifts, and make it to the home space.  The first one home wins the game.
 
 
I added a title, "The Christmas Memory Lane Game", to the box top as well as photos from Christmas's when we were little.  I had the whole box finished without any photos on the top and just kept starring at it thinking there was something missing.  After adding the photos it gave it just the right nostalgic touch I wanted. 
Even my little guy can't wait to play.
 
 
 
 
 I'm really excited for my Mom to open this one and I'm hoping it becomes a tradition to play this game and share memories of Christmas's past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews