Friday, February 18, 2011

Baked Potato Soup

I found a recipe online for baked potato soup, once again couldn't tell you where because I keep a notebook next to my laptop and randomly write things in it without writing down the website.  Anyways, I of course didn't follow the recipe and kind of improvised.  I do that alot when I don't want to take as much time as the recipe says to or don't have all the correct ingredients.  So here it is, mine turned out really good for my first attempt at potato soup.

2T butter
1 large onion
1c milk
6 already baked potatoes
2 cans chicken broth (I used 2 cups water and 2 bullion cubes)
1/2 c sour cream
1/4t salt
1/8 t pepper

first peel and bake your potatoes.  I bake mine in the microwave by putting 2-3 potatoes in a bowl filling it half with water and covering with plastic wrap.  Put in microwave for about 12-14 minutes or until soft.

Next cut your potatoes into chunks.  Melt your butter in a small pan, add onion and saute until tender.  Put chicken broth in a large pot, bring to a boil, add onion, and reduce heat.   Add potato chunks, milk, and sour cream, mix well.  Add salt and pepper, cook until heated through, which is about 5-10 minutes.

You can top with bacon bits, shredded cheese, and sour cream if you like.

I don't take pictures of the things I cook because it usually doesn't come out pretty, even though it may taste great.  My husband really liked this recipe and I plan on freezing some of it to see how it does, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews