Friday, February 18, 2011

Homemade Baby Wipes

I was getting down to my last few wipes from the box we bought and once again was dreading going out and buying another box for $13, even though they do last us a while now.  Still that's $13 that can go for something else.  I had recipes I found ages ago before Grant was born, for baby wipes and had intended to try this awhile ago but the idea had left my mind.  I was reminded of it recently on Small Fry & Co when she made cleaning wipes, and decided since I was at the end of mine I might as well give it a whirl.

First let me say, I apologize for the pictures.  I had to take them in my kitchen where there is no natural light because my dining room table is covered in papers as I attempt to work on Project Paper from I Heart Organizing, more on that later.

Here's what you will need:

A roll of paper towels, I usually buy the cheapest I can find but I wanted some that where soft and durable so Bounty is what I chose, they seem to hold up pretty well with my little one.
Baby Wash
Baby Oil

Use a serrated bread knife to cut your paper towel roll in half

Find a plastic container that half the paper towel roll will fit in nicely, this container is an 8 cup and my roll fits perfect.

Now your going to mix your liquids together.  You can google baby wipes recipe and find dozens of them.  I did what I always do which is find a few and then pick and choose from each of them what I want to use.  Here is the recipe I used:  2 cups water, 1/2 c baby wash, and 2T baby oil.  I used a wisk to make sure it was all mixed together thoroughly.

Pour your liquid over top of the paper towels and put the lid on.  Let sit until the liquid is all soaked up then remove the inner cardboard tube.  When you remove the tube the towels are suppose to come out with it so you have a starting point, however mine didn't so I had to dig to find the start of mine.  No biggie though.  My wipes started out quite wet, if you don't like that you may want to alter the recipe so there's less liquid.  I figure when there's a big poop blowout I will greatly appreciate how wet the wipes are.

**update- Using the above recipe my wipes were really saturated so I cut the recipe in half and they came out perfect.  Now I use 1cup water, 1/4 cup baby wash, and 1 tablespoon baby oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews