Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm Keeping 1 Of My Resolutions

One of my resolutions was to make a doll pattern.  I love the Bit of Whimsy dolls and making them as well as the Molly and Mikey Monkey.  They made me want to make my own pattern for my son and maybe future daughter.  The other night I started making sketches, I am no artist, so the sketches aren't great but they are cute in my head haha. 
During nap time last week I started drawing pattern pieces and last night, out of a desperate need to distract my mind, I finally started cutting fabric and sewing.  I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it.
You can see my sketches in the upper left corner (don't make fun as I said I am no artist), and the pattern pieces on the right side.

Here's what I have cut out, pinned together, and sewn so far.  So I am making progress.  Maybe later this week I'll get some more of it finished because I can't wait to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews