Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Candy Bar Bouquet

I had planned on making all my husband's favorite goodies for V-day but decided with his birthday around the corner and our $10 spending limit I needed a different idea.  I had seen many different candy bar bouquets and they all looked so cute, so I thought that would be easy and inexpensive.  I had grand plans to buy all these different candy bars until I started talking to my husband and found out the only candy bar he really likes is Snickers, so much for my plan. 

It didn't turn out as cute as I would have liked but it's not the only thing I'm making.

First I took a formula can and tore off the label to measure black cardstock to I could wrap it around the can.
As you can see the only black cardstock I had on hand was 8 1/2 x 11 inches, so it was a little smaller than I needed.  I just cut an extra little piece of cardstock to finish covering the can.

You can also measure the can if you don't want to peal off the label.


I used E6000 glue to make sure the paper would stick to the can and glued it at the seam, top and bottom.  Then put rubber bands around to hold the paper in place until the glue dried.


I added red ribbon to the bottom and top of the can.



Put foam in the bottom of your can.


 I already had wooden skewers in my kitchen so I broke them in half and taped them to the back of each of the 6 candy bars I purchased.


 Using my cricut I cut out a bunch of words and heart images to decorate with.  Then of course I only used a couple.
 

  I used this glue to attach my images and letters to the outside of the can.  It drys clear and is easy to apply.

Here is my finished product.  I stuck each of the candy bars into the foam and then added some red tissue paper to cover in the holes so you couldn't see the foam.

Like I said it's not spectacular but my husband is a simple guy and he will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews