Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Card

I had planned on posting my Valentine projects yesterday but as I logged into my computer and started typing my posts my internet connection went out and then my son got his 15 minute power nap and started screaming with a tummy ache, so much for me getting my post done.  So it's a day late but better late than not at all right?

I used to be a Hallmark card girl.  I worked there in high school and loved it and since then I had been buying all my holiday and birthday cards there.  Yes I have probably spent a small fortune in cards from that store.  While I still love Hallmark, when I bought my Cricut I was telling my husband all that I could make with it, cards being one of those things, and now I just can't bring myself to spend $3-$5 a card when I can make them for free.

So here's the card I made my husband this year.


Here's what you will need to make this card, just in case there is anyone out there wanting to know.  I used a blank plain black card, thin red ribbon, the word love cut with my Cricut and my aqua glue.


 Here's a close up of the love word I cut out.  It has a red shadow and the white over top.

Add the ribbon to the front of the card overlapping to the inside.  I put a dot of glue on both ends and in the middle on the front to make sure the ribbon didn't move out of place.  Then glued Love to the front at an angle and viola, done. 


I like to keep my cards simple, you could easily dress this card up a little more.  My husband couldn't care less about little jewels and such on his cards.  Actually he could probably care less about cards in general but I like to write words of love to him every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews