Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chocolate Bunny

I had every intention of buying a little chocolate bunny for Grant's Easter basket, and the more I thought about it I thought why buy one when he's too young to even eat it and my hips don't need any more chocolate.  That's when I came across this post on Just Deanna, and I thought it was a perfect solution.

I'm always on the lookout for little things to entertain Grant as he walks around in his walker.  So I found this bunny pattern and decided to make a felt chocolate bunny.  I couldn't make the pattern Just Deanna used work correctly for me so I found this pattern and it worked great.   On the inside I put some crinkly stuff (pop tart wrapper) and a jingle bell.  He loves things that make noise so a regular old bunny wouldn't do.

So the list of things you will need:
Felt
Pop tart wrapper
Jingle bell
Thread

This is a quick and easy project.  Place your pattern on your felt of choice and cut around it.

Make sure to cut out an eye or stitch one on if you're concerned about small pieces being swallowed by your little one.  I used some blue thread for mine, Grant is chewing on everything so I didn't want to chance him swallowing something.

I blanket stitched around the outside, leaving a small opening to put stuffing, a jingle bell (I actually put 2 bells because mine were the small ones and didn't make enough noise to satisfy me with just one), and a pop tart wrapper inside, then stitched the opening closed.


Now you have the perfect chocolate bunny for your little one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews